Travel is now difficult or impossible. But here is my list of math institutes.
There are many mathematical research institutes worldwide. Some are conference centers or simply departments by another name, but most run semester-long periods of concentration in specific areas. They often give support to young researchers and graduate students.
* Supports research in pairs or teams.
- MSRI*, Berkeley
- Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton
- ICERM*, Brown U
- DIMACS, Rutgers. Discrete math and computer science.
- IMA, U of Minnesota. Mostly for applied work.
- MBI, Ohio State. Mathematical biosciences.
- AIM*, Bay Area, California
- IPAM, UCLA
- IMSI, Chicago
- Simons Institute for the Theory of Computing*, Berkeley
- SAMSI, Raleigh-Durham North Carolina. Statistics and probability.
- Park City Math Institute, Utah
- Simons Center for Geometry and Physics, SUNY Stony Brook.
- Center of Mathematical Sciences and Applications, Harvard.
- Fields Institute, Toronto
- PIMS, Vancouver and nearby universities.
- BIRS*, Banff, Canada
- CRM, Montreal
- CIMAT, Guanajuato, Mexico
- CMO, Oaxaca, Mexico
The Fields Institute also has a List of Institutes.
- Newton Institute, Cambridge, UK
- Turing Institute, London. Data science
- Heilbronn Institute, Bristol
- ICMS*, Edinburgh
- Hamilton Institute, Maynooth, Ireland
- Hamilton Mathematics Institute, Dublin
- IHES*, Paris
- Institute Henri Poincare*, Paris
- Lebesgue Center, Rennes, France
- Saint Flour summer school in probability. France
- CIRM*, Luminy, France
- IIAS*, Israel Inst. for Adv. Studies, Jerusalem
- Oberwolfach*, Germany
- Hausdorff Center, Bonn
- Hausdorff Institute, Bonn
- Max Planck Institute, Bonn
- Schrodinger Institute, Vienna
- Bernoulli Center*, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Mittag-Leffler Institute, Stockholm
- Eurandom, Eindhoven, Netherlands. Stochastics.
- De Giorgi Center*, Pisa
- RISM, Varese
- ICMAT*, Madrid
- CRM, Barcelona
- CIRM*, Trento, Italy
- Euler Institute, St. Petersburg
- Banach Center, Warsaw
Asia and Australia
- MATRIX, Near Melbourne
- AMSI Distributed, Australia
- University of Sydney Mathematical Research Institute
- KIAS*, Seoul
- IBS-CGP*, Pohang, Korea
- NIMS, Daejeon, Korea
- VIASM, Hanoi
- RIMS*, Kyoto University
- Morningside Center, Beijing
- ICTS Bangalore
- Tata Institute, India (click on Faculties/Centres)
- Indian Statistical Institute, (several branches, do a search)